Vernalis Therapeutics, Inc. operates from our headquarters in Berwyn, PA.
We operate an equal opportunities employment policy. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position(s) listed below.
PHARMACEUTICAL BRAND MANAGER
Vernalis Therapeutics – Berwyn, PA
The U.S. Commercial Leadership Team at Vernalis Therapeutics, Inc. (VTI) is looking to appoint a Brand Manager who will contribute to the development of strategies and tactics that drive industry-leading performance of the full VTI cough and cold portfolio. Based in Berwyn, Pennsylvania and reporting to the Marketing Director, the successful candidate will need to understand the dynamics and nuances of the prescription pharmaceutical market, have experience on both the marketing and sales side of the business, and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. This U.S. business leadership role provides the opportunity for an individual contributor to build VTI's commercial business from the very beginning, thus helping shape the future outlook for the overall company.
- Develops and executes key marketing activities & deliverables for VTI's full portfolio of cough and cold products, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Development of key positioning and messaging platforms
- Development of key assets used by the Sales Force
- Development and execution of Media and Digital strategies and tactics
- Creation of Congress strategies and activities
- Management of all market research effort on behalf of the Portfolio
- Partners with leadership to develop a compelling commercial plan and helps define a budget that effectively and efficiently delivers against this plan
- Involves key stakeholders in every step of the planning process to ensure strong alignment and pull-through
- Leads execution of the tactical plan and delivers programs on time and within budget
- Partners with Sales Leadership to pull-through key marketing initiatives, supports the Sales Force by coordinating key promotional activities, and develops programs and tools to optimize Sales Force Effectiveness
- Works closely across all functional departments (e.g., Analytics, Commercial Operations, Finance, Medical, Quality Operations, etc.) to ensure consistent messaging and connectivity of marketing initiatives to all other internal and external business needs
- Continuously assesses the competitive landscape and responds accordingly
- Works effectively and within regulatory guidelines to exceed goals
- Ensures quarterly budget management within pre-specified variations
- Bachelor's Degree in area of business, marketing, or life sciences is required; MBA is preferred with a minimum of 5 years related experience
- Strong business acumen with a proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding qualitative and/or quantitative targets for success
- Excellent leadership skills including an ability to function effectively in a matrix organization and lead cross-functional projects
- Collaborative by nature coupled with an ability to work effectively in a small, entrepreneurial environment
- Solid knowledge of brand strategy development, creative advertising, promotion, product positioning/messaging, market research and media planning required
- Successful pharmaceutical sales or sales-facing experience is important (sales management is considered a strong plus)
- Previous financial management and budgeting experience required
- Experience managing vendors/agencies
- Global experience is a plus
- Skilled at successfully navigating medical, legal, and regulatory review process
- Must have excellent oral, written and platform communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
** Please submit application by 31st May 2017 to HRVTI@vernalis.com **
Vernalis Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Click here for a PDF copy of the Job Specification
If no vacancies are listed at this time, please check back regularly if you are interested in working with Vernalis.